Monday, May 16, 2011

100 Greatest Movie Villains - Part 3 (#60-41)


60 - Mr. Hyde

PORTRAYED BY:  Frederic March

AS SEEN IN:  Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (1931)

Think before you decide, I tell you! Do you want to be left as you are, or do you want your eyes and your soul to be blasted by a sight that would stagger the devil himself? 


59 - Captain Bligh

PORTRAYED BY: Charles Laughton

AS SEEN IN: Mutiny on the Bounty (1935)

 I'll live to see you - all of you - hanging from the highest yardarm in the British fleet. 


58 - Blofeld

PORTRAYED BY:  Various.  Most notably Donald Pleasance

AS SEEN IN:
From Russia with Love (1963)
Thunderball (1965)
You Only Live Twice (1967)
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
For Your Eyes Only (1981)

 In any case, no one is coming to your rescue, Mr. Bond. [...] The information that I now possess the scientific means to control, or to destroy, the economy of the whole world. People will have more important things to deal with than you. 


57 - Max Cady

PORTRAYED BY:
Robert Mitchum (1962)
Robert Deniro (1991)

AS SEEN IN:
Cape Fear (1962, 1991)

I got somethin' planned for your wife and kid that they ain't nevah gonna forget. They ain't nevah gonna forget it... and neither will you, Counselor! Nevah! 


56 - Jason Vorhees

PORTRAYED BY:
Various, most notably Kane Hodder

AS SEEN IN:
The Friday The 13th franchise (1980 - 2009)

 Did you know a young boy drowned here? He was my son. And today, is his birthday. 


55 - Scar

PORTRAYED BY: 
Jeremy Irons (voice)

AS SEEN IN:
The Lion King (1994)

Oh, where have I seen this before? Hm, let me think. Oh, yes, I remember! This is exactly the way your father looked before he died. And now here's *my* little secret...  I killed Mufasa! 


54 - The Queen

PORTRAYED BY:
Lucille La Verne (voice)

AS SEEN IN:
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)

Slave in the magic mirror, come from the farthest space, through wind and darkness I summon thee. Speak! Let me see thy face. [...] Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all? 



53 - The Living Dead

PORTRAYED BY:
Various

AS SEEN IN:
Night of the Living Dead (1968)

They're coming to get you Barbara...


52 - Auric Goldfinger

PORTRAYED BY:
Gert Fröbe

AS SEEN IN:
Goldfinger (1964)

- Do you expect me to talk?
- No, Mr. Bond... I expect you to DIE!


51 - Uncle Charlie

PORTRAYED BY:
Joseph Cotten

AS SEEN IN:
Shadow of a Doubt (1943)

 You see them in the hotels, the best hotels, every day by the thousands, drinking the money, eating the money, losing the money at bridge, playing all day and all night, smelling of money, proud of their jewelry but of nothing else, horrible, faded, fat, greedy women... Are they human or are they fat, wheezing animals, hmm? And what happens to animals when they get too fat and too old? 


50 - Tom Powers

PORTRAYED BY:
James Cagney

AS SEEN IN:
The Public Enemy (1931)

There you go with that wishin' stuff again. I wish you was a wishing well. So that I could tie a bucket to ya and sink ya. 


49 - The Terminator (T-800)

PORTRAYED BY:
Arnold Schwarzenegger

AS SEEN IN:

Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead. 


48 - Gollum

PORTRAYED BY:
Andy Serkis

AS SEEN IN:
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001-2003)

My... PRECIOUS!


47 - Reverend Harry Powell

PORTRAYED BY:
Robert Mitchum

AS SEEN IN:
The Night of the Hunter (1955)

I can hear you whisperin' children, so I know you're down there. I can feel myself gettin' awful mad. I'm out of patience children. I'm coming to find you now. 


46 - Count Dracula

PORTRAYED BY:
Various.  Most notably by Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee and Gary Oldman

AS SEEN IN:
Dracula (1931)
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)
Horror of Dracula (1958)
Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
...among many, MANY others.

I am the monster that breathing men would kill. I am Dracula. 


45 - J.J. Hunsecker

PORTRAYED BY:
Burt Lancaster

AS SEEN IN:
Sweet Smell of Success (1957)

Mr. Falco, let it be said at once, is a man of 40 faces, not one - none too pretty, and all deceptive. You see that grin? That's the, eh, that's the Charming Street Urchin face. It's part of his helpless act: he throws himself upon your mercy. He's got a half-dozen faces for the ladies. But the one I like, the really cute one, is the quick, dependable chap. Nothing he won't do for you in a pinch - so he says. Mr. Falco, whom I did not invite to sit at this table tonight, is a hungry press agent, and fully up to all the tricks of his very slimy trade
... Match me, Sidney. 






44 - Bruno Anthony

PORTRAYED BY:
Robert Walker

AS SEEN IN:
Strangers on a Train (1951)

Don't worry, I'm not going to shoot you, Mr. Haines. It might disturb Mother. 


43 - Cody Jarrett

PORTRAYED BY:
James Cagney

AS SEEN IN:
White Heat (1949)

Made it, Ma! Top of the world! 




42 - Salieri

PORTRAYED BY:
F. Murray Abraham

AS SEEN IN:
Amadeus (1984)

The only thing that worried me was the actual killing. How does one do that? Hmmm? How does one kill a man? It's one thing to dream about it; very different when, when you, when you have to do it with your own hands. 


41 - Keyser Söze

PORTRAYED BY:
SPOILER!!!

AS SEEN IN:
The Usual Suspects (1995)

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone. 


2 comments: